Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Finding The Right Pillow To Prevent Neck Pain

A common source of neck pain is sleeping wrong due to our pillows.

But what is the best pillow for you? It depends. 

If you sleep on your back or stomach (I don't recommend sleeping on your stomach EVER), then a down feather pillow should be fine. 

Side sleepers would most likely benefit from a memory foam pillow with contoured rolls and/or wings.

Check out this video to help you decide which is best for you:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/video/playlist/fin-fit/buy-perfect-pillow-120500975.html

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dr Gene.

    Well, I don't use any of those pillows to rest my head on at night. They're good to put between my knees though.

    Paul (my husband) and I both find that pillows really aggravate our necks.

    In my opinion, the best thing to do is to test different pillows, buy cheap. If they don't work, use them between your knees.

    For me through trial and error, I found that two of travel buddy cervical cushions work very well.
    http://www.naturaselection.com/v1/files/products/1496-78008_2.jpg

    There's a ton of options out there. There's various issues that would make it so that each person's choice would be very personal. Not everyone could use the set up I use. That's why I say to try different options.

    ReplyDelete